Our core advantages are for long-term and/or large events. Scaling video conferencing events where participants need to interact live, like in a school or conference, is difficult, if not impossible, without the right infrastructure. Common concerns include managing the tradeoff between security and user experience, making sure you have enough administrative staff to manage the different technical aspects, and making sure that an event that moves online doesn’t sacrifice quality and experience. Here are a few common reasons clients choose Classrooms.Cloud:
1. They want to focus on doing what they do best: running their event, while we handle all the technical challenges, whether they be user experience or security-oriented. Our platform is more than just the software; we help you manage the technology features of your online event. They don’t want to focus on creating meeting rooms, managing multiple video conferencing accounts, and making sure all settings are correct.
2. They want peace of mind that their security and safety features are set up correctly and go beyond the limitations of the video conferencing platforms. Events shouldn’t have to sacrifice openness to be secure, nor should they have to sacrifice safety for functionality. We strongly believe that our platform and services allow you to balance both interests.
3. They need to allow participants to move around freely without having to get in touch with the event host or keeping track of numerous links/passwords. Our platform is built to create security at the event level (or sub-event level) rather than at the room/session-level to simulate a physical space more realistically by allowing organic movement.
4. They want to make sure that participants can reliably use one link to participate in their event. Distributing links and passwords at mass levels sacrifices user experience and allows for more opportunities for unwelcome guests and the inevitable confusion of multiple links.
5. They want to provide participants with other features/information right where they access the rooms. We add custom features like schedules and event-specific text, ticket submissions, calculators and timers, quick troubleshooting tips, and more right onto the page to help participants and hosts streamline their event experience.
6. Events want to maintain their identity and branding even in the digital space. We customize each deployment so that participants continue to associate the event with you and your brand, and not with whatever video conferencing platform you’re using.
Breakout rooms are a great feature for quick small group breakouts but aren’t effective at scaling for conferences or schools. Some common issues with breakout rooms:
1. Each room relies on one person to constantly monitor it, and the participant flows into and out of them. This works for smaller events or where you know everyone who is supposed to be the breakout room (and everyone has named themselves correctly), but quickly becomes hard to manage when the participants are not fixed. For example, this model makes it so that “observers,” such as coaches, fellow students, and parents, cannot enter the competition room without first asking the host of the room for permission.
2. If the person hosting the meeting ends the meeting, loses internet connection, or needs to change the breakout room structure on the fly, it can throw all ongoing events and sessions off in that room. The damage of one person’s mistake has the ability to cause a lot more chaos.
3. You cannot have a host per breakout room with the relevant privileges or even record (to the cloud) or livestream from breakout rooms. This, combined with the limitations of observers above, substantially decreases the openness of the event.
Our number one priority is to maximize the security and safety of participants while replicating in-person experiences. We can create username/password systems, passcode systems, sync with your LDAP or Google Apps account, or use whatever other levels of security you are comfortable with. We also monitor and block any problematic IP addresses, have staff that will quickly intervene if there are any digital intruders who make it past our system, and have the ability to quickly and reliably increase security during an event.
We are currently mainly a Zoom-based platform, but we are happy to talk further about using a different video service if it better serves you and your participants needs.